We have a favourite recipe at Franklin Hospice - 5 seed crackers. Here is the recipe:
Five Seed Crackers
(or as I call it – Bird Seed Crackers😊)
1 Cup Sunflower seeds
¾ Cup pumpkin seeds
½ Cup chia seeds
½ Cup flaxseed (linseed)
1 tsp salt
1 ½ Cups water
1 Tbsp dried herbs of your choice
1 tsp chilli flakes or ground chilli
- Preheat oven to 170C or 340F fanbake
- Mix all ingredients together and leave for 10 – 15 minutes for the seeds to soak up the water.
- Give everything a good stir, then split mixture over two greased baking trays and spread thinly. The ideal thickness is about 3-4mm. Too think and the crackers will be very fragile, too thick and they’ll be more like a seed cookie than a cracker.
- Bake for one hour. (switching the trays around halfway through) or until golden brown and crisp. If they don’t feel crisp after an hour, return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then break into irregular shards. Store in an airtight container.
Happy Baking and eating.